Agri. Engineering is a technologically sophisticated field that offers bright career opportunities around the world. It is one of the finest branch of Agriculture which combines principles of mechanical engineering, Civil engineering, Electrical engineering, Chemical Engineering and Food science and technology along with the knowledge of Agricultural Principles.
It is a 4-year professional degree course which covers subjects related to farm Machinery and Power Engineering, Processing and Food engineering. Soil and Water Engineering, Irrigation and Drainage Engineering, Renewable Energy Engineering and Basic Engineering and Agricultural sciences.
The summer trainings, research projects, In plant training and compulsory educational visits made it very unique and complete program for the career development. This is an ideal course for those who wish to make career in agriculture systems, technologies, agribusiness and agricultural research.
After the completion of B. Tech. (Agril. Engineering) the students will be able to:
1. Find the Technological solutions to the critical problems encountered in Agriculture using knowledge of principles of agricultural science, engineering, economics and business.
2. Develop products, technologies, innovative processes and multi-disciplinary systems-based solutions to meet the challenges in agriculture.
3. Able to work as well as lead confidently and effectively in a team work.
4. Able to manage multiple simultaneous projects.
Scope after the completion of B. Tech. (Agril. Engineering)
Central and State Government
Ministry of Agriculture, Co-operation and Farmers Welfare
Indian Forest Service (IFS, UPSC)
Other Services in UPSC
Agricultural Engineer (UPSC)
Senior Technical Officer (UPSC)
Senior Technical Assistant (UPSC)
Department of Agriculture, Government of Maharashtra
Agriculture Officer (MPSC)
Range Forest Officer (MPSC)
District Agriculture Officer (ZP)
District Extension Officer (ZP)
Other Services in MPSC
Ministry of Food Processing Industries
Agriculture and General Insurances Companies in India
Food Corporation of India (FCI)
Central and State Wearhousing Corporation
State Market Federation (MARKFED)
Food Safety and Standards Authority of India
ICAR Institute/University/College’s/KVK’s/CSIR Research Institute
Scientist (ICAR – ASRB & CSIR)
Assistant Professor (SAU)
Subject Matter Specialist (KVK’s and SAU)
Testing Engineer (CFMTTI, NRFMTTI, SRFMTTI & EFMTTI)
Senior Technical Officer (CFMTTI, NRFMTTI, SRFMTTI & EFMTTI)
Farm Manager (ICAR Institutes, SAU & KVK’s )
Junior Technical Officer (SAU)
Research Associate (ICAR Institutes, SAU)
Senior Research Fellow (ICAR Institutes, SAU & KVK’s)
Junior Research Fellow (ICAR Institutes, SAU & KVK’s)
Young Professional (ICAR Institutes, SAU & KVK’s)
1. Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Assistant Manager
2. National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) Assistant Manager
3. Public Sector Banks (SBI, BOI, CBI, UBI, BOB, Canara Bank, etc.) Agricultural Officer (IBPS)
4. Private Sector Banks (ICIC, HDFC, Axis Bank, Yes Bank, Deutsche Bank, etc.) Agriculture Officer
Tractor and Farm Machinery Industries
(Mahindra and Mahindra, Sonalika tractor, TAFE tractor, John Deer, Shaktiman Equipments, CLAAS, Lemken, Popular Equipments, etc.)
R & D Engineer Testing Engineer
Agriculture Field Officer
Drip Irrigation Industries
(Jain Irrigation, Netafim, Mahindra EPC, Kothari Irrigation, Finolex Industries, Supreme Irrigation & Fountains, etc.)
R & D Engineer Testing Engineer Agriculture Field Officer
Food Processing Industries
(Nestlé India, Amul Dairy, Tetra Pak, Mahabeej, Dairy & Milk Processing Industries, Venky’s Products, Godrej Agrovet, Jain Food, etc.)
Area Manager in Supply Chain
Process Engineer in Food Equipment Industries
Non-Government Organizations (NGO’s)
(AFARM, WOTR, Dilasa Janvikas Pratishthan, Reliance Foundation, BIAF, Swadesh Foundation, DHAN Foundation, IRADA, Pragati Foundation, Lupin Foundation, Paani Foundation, etc.)
Farmer Producer Company
Food Processing Industries (Jam, Jelly, Pickels, Packed Foods, Value Added Foods)
Drip Irrigation Industry
Dairy Farm and Milk Processing Units
Green House and Poly House Consultancy Services
Farm Machinery Custom-Hiring
Distributor for Various commodity
Dealership of Tractor, Farm Machinery, Irrigation Equipments, Process Equipments
Packaging of Food, Fruits and Vegetables.
Overseas Job Opportunities
Scientist (UK, USA, Japan, Canada, Thailand, Israel, Ithopia, etc.)
Assistant Professor (UK, USA, Japan, Canada, Thailand, Israel, Ithopia, etc.)
Project Manager (Nestle, Grain Pro, Red Bull, John Deer, Rivulis Irrigation, etc.)
Agricultural Engineering (UK, USA, Japan, Canada, Thailand, Israel, Ithopia, etc.)
International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD)
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
World Food Programmer (WFP)
International Water Management Institute (IWMI)
International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI)
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR)
Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR)
1. Minimum age: The age of the candidate should be 16 years as on last date of submission of application form.
2. Aggregate marks: Candidates must have passed the qualifying examination (12th Std. Science) with minimum 50% marks for General category (Open) and minimum 40% marks in aggregate for reserved categories (SC/ST/VJa/NTb/NTc/NTd/OBC/ SBC/EWS/Handicapped)
3. XII Std. (Science) passed in 10+2 pattern from Maharashtra State Board of Higher Secondary Education or an equivalent Examination, with PCM or PCMB and English.
4. Those who have not offered Biology shall have to complete deficiency course.
5. Candidates from outside of Maharashtra State who have passed qualifying examination of XII Std. (Science) or equivalent with Botany and Zoology instead of Biology are also eligible for admission.