Department of Food Technology is one of the major departments under School of Engineering & Technology, D. Y. Patil Agriculture & Technical University, Talsande established in year 2021. It offers full time 4 year degree programme for Bachelor of Technology in Food Technology.
The department is well versed with sophisticated instruments, equipment, classrooms, seminar halls and hands-on practical training laboratories to develop the youth technically sound in field of food technology. Department covers the courses related with food process techniques involved in production, processing, preservation, packaging, labeling, quality management, and distribution of food products.
Department also focus on extensive researches on development of innovative, nutritious functional as well as Nutraceuticals foods. Department took special efforts to generate graduate who serves job in public and private sector as well as setting up small-scale food processing units.
• Well equipped Laboratories
• Problem solving approach in formulation of syllabus
• Extensive hands on training.
• One Semester Internship in food or allied industries during the course.
• Problem based project work on latest trends in food industry
• Field visits, educational, excursion, workshops, guest lecturers for the overall development of the students.
• Dynamic & expert faculty well qualified to impart high quality teaching in conventional & frontier areas of Food Technology.
• Strong interactive linkage between academic and industry
• Strong community outreach through organization of workshops for cross-section of society.
• One-stop center that provides integrated consultancy, advice and training for food companies
• Soft skill & personality development courses to grab job opportunities in Food & allied industries
The eligibility criteria to apply for B. Tech in Food Technology Programme are as follows –
• The applicants must be 12th qualified from any recognized Board
• The applicants must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics compulsorily at the 12th level
• The applicants must have an aggregate score of 45% or more in the PCM subjects combined at the qualifying level